POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) : Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Jul 2002 09:49:55
Message: <3D3D5F02.BB235644@gmx.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> In fact I tried the focal blur last week (which works great, I'll let you
> know once I managed to do something with it) but forgot about the color
> correction (note that one great feature would be tone correction aka
> "levels" in PS I think, BTW).

You probably mean what's called 'Tonwertkorrektur' in german PS.  It
specifies which colors in the original image are supposed to be white,
black and 50% gray in the result.  I'm not yet sure how this is handled
internally, but it surely would be an interesting function.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 15 Jul. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______